Our Distance Learning Course CPL(A) encompasses the topics below. It is available in paper (high quality color print in binders) and/or as an electronic license via our CAT eBook Viewer (1) .
• Aircraft General Knowledge / Airframes & Systems
• Aircraft General Knowledge / Electrics
• Aircraft General Knowledge / Powerplant
• Mass & Balance
• Flight Performance
• Flightplanning and -monitoring
• Human Performance and Limitations *
• Meteorology *
• General Navigation
• Radio Navigation
• Operational Procedures OPS
• Principles of Flight
• VFR and IFR-Communications
The marked * subjects are not required for holders of a IR-Rating (“full IR”, not EIR/CB-IR) which was obtained already unter JAR-FCL or EASA Part-FCL rules.
This course reduces the required theory time from 250 hours in a classroom to a 25-hours presence seminar in an ATO (Approved Training Organization = flight school) of your choice. The price for this seminar depends on the chosen ATO and is not included in the CAT course.
Distance Learning Course CPL(A) for PPL(A) holders
Approved, EASA compliant Distance Learning Course; Support from CAT authors/experts (24/7 Hotline); Training material either paper based and/or eBook license(1); Online-access to stage and final tests and progress reports.
PPL license required (EASA or ICAO).
Min. time: 9 weeks. Max. time: 18 month. Additional seminar time (not included): 25 hours.
Available in English or German eBooks while seminars are held on English or Croatian language.
eBook(1): 1700 € / paper: 1890 € / both: 2000 €
Distance Learning Course CPL(A) for PPL(A)/IR holders
Min. time: 7 weeks. Max. time: 18 month. Additional seminar time (not included): 20 hours.
Available in English and German language.
eBook(1): 1379 € / paper: 1540 € / both: 1690 €
We also offer our educational material (scripts) without distance learning status, e.g. for classroom training in a flight school or for self-study.
(1) The eBook license contains the entire teaching material in electronic format (via the “CAT eBook Viewer” App) for a maximum of 2 devices (supported: Windows and Mac Desktops, Apple iPad and Android Tablets). Not printable (except for some annexes).
Quoted prices are for students (end customers) in € including the German VAT (if applicable).
In cooperation and project partner CAT – Civil Aviation Europe GmbH (distance learning supplier), ECOS Pilot school – aircharter provide to interested parties bellow numbered Distance Learining training. Trainings are performed on english and german languages.